The Family Entertainment Centre (FEC) community is, by it’s competitive nature, fairly spread out geographically. In addition to physical distance, FEC’s are also divided by the wide range of services and products they supply. From miniature golf to bowling centres; batting cages to roller skating rinks; arcades to go-karts; inflatable castles to large indoor climbers, FEC’s are diverse and few and far between. With this kind of corporate climate, how is an owner or operator of a FEC able to find support, advice or information about their industry?
You need to become a part of your community support system of family entertainment centre owners and operators! Have a look at the following resources that are going to become invaluable in connecting with other operators and creating a mutual support system:
Founded in 1918, the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) is the largest international trade association for permanently situated amusement facilities worldwide. The organization represents more than 4,300 facility, supplier, and individual members from more than 97 countries including professionals from:
- Amusement parks, theme parks, and attractions
- Family entertainment centres
- Museums and science centres
- Water parks and resorts
- Zoos and aquariums
- Industry manufacturers and suppliers
– See more at: http://www.iaapa.org/about-
The IAAPA Attractions Expo Education Program features over 85 education seminars, luncheon events, and round-table discussions. Education tracks of themed content are offered for IAAPA’s constituency members including family entertainment centres, zoos and aquariums, water park, museums and science centres and amusement parks. Behind-the-scenes facility tours give you an operators’ eye view of the attraction business.
The Amusement Association of IAAO is a web based community for smaller amusement parks, fun centres, indoor party centres and amusement attractions under 20,000 square feet and with fewer than 50 employees. The mandate for IAAO is helping amusement centre operators and new fun centre developers;
- Drive more traffic – more often.
- Find the resources and partners necessary to start, manage and grow their amusement business.
- Educate and inform our association members through online webinars, podcasts, video and member only content.
- Save our members money through exclusive relationships with amusement equipment and service providers.
– See more at: www.amusementoperators.org
- The 3 most important factors in selecting your indoor playground structure.
- Should you make corporate rates and discounts for your family entertainment centre?